Quick rail transport to any destination
Establishing the freight village Frankfurt (Oder) the city built the terminal for combined traffic (CT) on the ground of the former shunting yard. Operating was started on 6 April 2005. In September 2013, the expansion of the terminal began with the installation of a new gantry crane and the construction of additional transhipment tracks. This took into account the increasing volume of traffic on rail. The infrastructure of the railway location is owned by TeGeCe Infrastruktur und Logistik GmbH. Together with partners from the region, the publicly owned company ensures the management (maintenance, servicing) of the track systems and ensures the safe and proper operation of the entire system. Operator of the intermodal terminal an contact partner for container handling at the terminal is the polish company PCC Intermodal.
Currently served relations from and to Frankfurt (Oder)
Each week, more than 30 trains travel from the Frankfurt (Oder) intermodal terminal to the German and Dutch international seaports as well as to the most important Polish business locations. In addition, it is possible to ship containers to Moscow, the Ukraine or receive containers from China via the “New Silk Route”. The following destinations are currently served on a daily basis:
- Frankfurt (Oder) – Hamburg/Bremerhaven
- Frankfurt (Oder) – Duisburg – Rotterdam
- Frankfurt (Oder) – Brest (with onward routing options from and to China)
- Frankfurt (Oder) – Kutno
- Frankfurt (Oder) – Gliwice
- Frankfurt (Oder) – Brzeg Dolny
These train routes are offered directly through the operators doing business at the Frankfurt (Oder) location.
Classic catchment area
- customers with outbound/inbound shipments by road transport in a 150 km radius, in particular East Brandenburg and Western Poland
Expanded catchment area
- clustering function of the rail transport centre in cross-border traffic (rail – rail) for Polish business locations
- clustering function of the rail transport centre from/to Eastern Europe in in pre-carriage/on-carriage